Globe is looking for Jr. leader for our Musical Theatre Summer Camp
Georgetown Globe Productions is looking to hire a junior leader who is interested in assisting with planning and implementing a fun musical theatre experience this summer for our junior and senior camps. Must have exceptional musical theatre skills and be at least 16 years old. Takes place at the Old Armoury in Georgetown, Ontario. Deadline - May 28, 2018. Interviews will take place on June 4, 2018.
Camp Dates: July 2-July 27, 2018
Georgetown Globe Productions is seeking an energetic, team player with exceptional musical theatre skills to assist with the summer camp coordinators to provide a dynamic camp experience for our camp participants at the Old Armoury in Georgetown, Ontario.
To assist with the summer camp coordinators in developing and delivering a high quality day camp program incorporating performance based activities and special events for experienced youth and also those new to musical theatre. Provide an inspiring and engaging environment for campers and volunteers while ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all participants.
- Work with the summer program coordinators to develop an appropriate format and program
- Assist with directing, choreographing, creating and organizing all daily activities working towards a final musical theatre performance
- Assist with planning and delivering age appropriate activities
- Assist with coordinating required materials
- Assist with supervising participants and volunteers at all times
- Communicate with volunteers and participants on a daily basis resolving concerns to ensure a positive experience
- Understand and adhere to daily camp schedules and budget requirements
- Assist with maintaining a safe and clean camp environment
- Ensure the safety and security of all participants and volunteers by following all health and safety standards
- Other duties as required
- Must be 16 years of age
- Instructing/teaching experience with children and youth
- Background in performing arts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective supervision/volunteer management
- Team oriented, motivational, creative
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
Application deadline: May 28, 2018
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check by June 25, 2018.