Auditions: You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown - January 24 and 27, 2019
Globe Productions is happy to announce that our next show is You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown - June 2019, at the Old Armoury. Auditions will take place January 24 and 27, 2019 with callbacks on January 28. Here is all the info you will need. We hope to see you at the auditions.
YOU’RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN is a fresh approach to the all-time 1967 classic, based on the beloved comic strip by Charles Schultz. Sally Brown joins Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Schroeder, and Snoopy in this charming revue of vignettes and songs.
Director: Craig Marshall
Music Director: David Bernacki
Choreographer: JQ Smith
Beginning late March 2019
The Old Armoury - 1A Park Ave, Georgetown
Tuesday and Thursday evenings 7:30 – 10:30
Sunday evenings 6:30 - 9
June 7, 8, 14 and 15 at 8pm
June 9 and 16 at 2pm
The Old Armoury, Georgetown
Thursday January 24 beginning at 7:30pm
Sunday January 27 beginning at 6pm
If required - Monday January 28 at 8:30pm
The Old Armoury
1A Park Ave
- Please prepare two contrasting songs from musical theatre repertoire. You will likely only sing a selection from the 2nd song, time permitting
- Sheet music in your correct key is required. Please have it double-sided, hole punched and in a 3 ring binder. A pianist will be provided
- Please do not bring rock, pop or mainstream Jazz songs. Karaoke tracks are not accepted as accompaniment
- You will be asked to do a cold read
- There will be no dance/movement component to the audition
- Please bring a theatre resume and recent headshot if available
- Arrive in enough time to check in, get settled and complete the audition form (if you haven’t already done so)
The minimum age requirement is 16 years old
- You will be notified by phone on January 27 if you are required for a callback.
- PLEASE NOTE: Not all parts will require call backs. We will only call back those we need to see again. However, if call backs are required for a part you are interested in, you must be available for the call back in order to be considered for the role.
Casting decisions will be made following the call backs. All those who auditioned will receive the results of their auditions by January 30th. Those who have been cast will receive results by phone. All others will receive results via email.
Conflicts – please take the opportunity to tell us about all potential conflicts you may be aware of on your audition form, even if you’re unsure of the dates. Any conflicts reported after your acceptance into the show will be subject to Globe’s conflict policy - if you miss more than 3 rehearsals you may be asked to leave the show.
Charlie Brown - a lovable guy, a kind and generous person; nervous, lacks self-confidence. Paralyzing fits of over-analysis. Vocal Range: baritone, B-flat2 to F4.
Lucy Van Pelt - Linus's big sister. Lucy is bossy and highly disagreeable. She is infatuated with Schroeder. Vocal Range: alto/mezzo, G3 to Fsharp5.
Sally Brown - Charlie's younger sister who has a crush on Linus. Vocal Range: soprano, B3 to A-flat5.
Snoopy - Charlie Brown's dog. Snoopy is Joe Cool, the life of the party. Daring and outgoing. Vocal Range: tenor, C3-A4.
Schroeder – Disciplined and focused. Piano player with a passion for classical music. Admirer of Beethoven. Sees Lucy as a nuisance. Vocal Range: tenor, B-flat2 to A-flat4.
Linus Van Pelt - Lucy's brother. Linus always carries a blanket as his security and comfort. Intelligent. Charlie Brown's best friend. Vocal Range: baritone, B-flat2 to E4.