Looking for Summer Camp Volunteers
Georgetown Globe Productions is seeking energetic, team players with exceptional musical theatre skills to provide a dynamic camp experience for our junior members at the Old Armoury in Georgetown, Ontario.
Position Title: Musical Theatre Summer Camp Volunteer
Primary Function: To support Globe Summer Staff in delivering a high quality camp to children and youth in the community.
Reporting To: Summer Camp Coordinators
Volunteer Period: July 3 to July 14 (Mon-Fri)
Time Commitment: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (35 hours/week) including possible evening requirement for a performance.
Location: The Old Armoury, 1A Park Ave, Georgetown
• Arrive on time and prepared to assist with the full day of activities.
• Assist with setup and cleanup of equipment.
• Assist the coordinators with activities and games.
• Assist the coordinators with all daily activities working towards a final musical theatre performance including helping campers learn choreography, lines, and music.
• Assist the coordinators to maintain a safe and clean camp environment.
• Be a positive role model to participants.
• Provide high quality customer service to campers.
• Be familiar with health and safety standards to ensure the safety and security of all participants.
• Seek clarification and guidance from Summer Camp Coordinators when needed.
• Record volunteer hours.
• Volunteers will not be left alone with campers
• Volunteers will not engage in disciplining campers
• Minimum 14 years of age (by end of calendar year)
• Willing to take initiative and actively participate in the programs
• Past experience or interest in working with children is an asset
• Musical theatre experience and training is an asset
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification is an asset
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Hours apply to the required 40 hours of community service in high school
• Confirmation of hours and reference letters available upon completion of volunteer commitment
• Learn leadership and communication skills
• Receive guidance and feedback from Summer Camp Coordinators
Application deadline: May 31, 2017
We thank all those who apply however, only those volunteers selected for an interview will be contacted.