Globe is looking for a volunteer for our Musical Theatre Summer Camp
Georgetown Globe Productions is seeking energetic, team players with exceptional musical theatre skills to provide a dynamic camp experience for our junior members at the Old Armoury in Georgetown, Ontario.
Position Title: Musical Theatre Summer Camp Volunteer
Primary Function: To support Globe Summer Staff in delivering a high quality camp to children and youth in the community.
Reporting To: Summer Camp Coordinators
Volunteer Period: July 2 to 13th (Mon-Fri)
Time Commitment: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (35 hours/week) including possible evening requirement for a performance.
Location: The Old Armoury, 1A Park Ave, Georgetown
- Arrive on time and prepared to assist with the full day of activities.
- Assist with setup and cleanup of equipment.
- Assist the coordinators with activities and games.
- Assist the coordinators with all daily activities working towards a final musical theatre performance including helping campers learn choreography, lines, and music.
- Assist the coordinators to maintain a safe and clean camp environment.
- Be a positive role model to participants.
- Provide high quality customer service to campers.
- Be familiar with health and safety standards to ensure the safety and security of all participants.
- Seek clarification and guidance from Summer Camp Coordinators when needed.
- Record volunteer hours.
- Volunteers will not be left alone with campers
- Volunteers will not engage in disciplining campers
- Minimum 14 years of age (by end of calendar year)
- Willing to take initiative and actively participate in the programs
- Past experience or interest in working with children is an asset
- Musical theatre experience and training is an asset
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification is an asset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Hours apply to the required 40 hours of community service in high school
- Confirmation of hours and reference letters available upon completion of volunteer commitment
- Learn leadership and communication skills
- Receive guidance and feedback from Summer Camp Coordinators
Application deadline: May 28, 2018
We thank all those who apply; however, only those volunteers selected for an interview will be contacted.