Anne of Green Gables Auditions
Globe Productions presents Anne of Green Gables
November 20, 21, 26, 27, 28 8pm
November 22, 28 and 29 2pm
John Elliott Theatre, Georgetown
Come out and meet the team
David Ambrose – Director
Darryl Burton – Music Director
Cheri Lindsay-Jarvis – Choreographer
Sunday May 31 - 1:00 - 5:00 - children's auditions for Anne, Diana, Gilbert and Children's chorus
Sunday May 31 - 7:00 - 10:30 adults
Monday June 1 - 7:00 – 10:30 adults
Friday June 5 -7:00 pm
- Please prepare one song that tells a story and is appropriate to the style and the era of Anne of Green Gables; written in the 1960s, the musical styles in Anne of Green Gables include Early Jazz, Folk, Big Band singing and some hints of Operetta.
- Your song choice must be from musical theatre repertoire and should reflect the range of the characters you are interested in.
- Sheet music in your correct key is required. Please have it double-sided, hole punched and in a 3 ring binder. A pianist will be provided.
- Please do not bring rock, pop or mainstream Jazz songs. Karaoke tracks are not accepted as accompaniment.
- You will be asked to do a cold read.
- There will be a group dance audition for the roles of Anne, Diana, Gilbert and the children's chorus. Wear comfortable (stretchy) clothing and indoor shoes (no bare feet or sock feet).
- The minimum age requirement for the role of Anne, Diana, Gilbert and Josie is 14 years old and 7 years old for the children's chorus.
Auditions times will be available at the information night – first come first serve.
To Book Your Audition:
|Marilla Cuthbert||Mezzo who can sing up to Eb5||Mature Adult||Lead|
|Matthew Cuthbert||Baritone who can sing from A2 to D4||Mature Adult||Lead|
|Mrs. Rachel Lynde||Mezzo who can sing up to E5||Mature Adult||Supporting|
|Lucilla - clerk in Blair's store||Soprano or Light Mezzo who can sing up to F5||Adult||Supporting|
|Miss Stacy - the schoolmistress||Alto or Mezzo who can sing Belt voice and Mixed voice up to D5||Adult||Supporting|
|Earl - the mailman||N/A||Adult||Cameo|
|Cecil - the farmer||N/A||Adult||Cameo|
|Mr. Phillips - the schoolmaster||N/A||Adult||Cameo|
|Anne Shirley||Soprano or Mezzo (up to G5) who can sing both Legit and Mixed voices||14 -20||Lead|
|Diana Barry||Soprano or Light Mezzo (up to D5) but is comfortable singing Legit and Mixed voice||14-20||Supporting|
|Gilbert Blythe||Tenor or Baritone who can sing up to F4||14-20||Supporting|
|Josie Pye||Mezzo with a low range (G3) and can sing Mixed voice or a light Belt voice||14-20||Supporting|