Globe is seeking Musical Theatre Workshop Leaders
Georgetown Globe Productions is seeking an energetic, team player with exceptional musical theatre skills to provide a dynamic musical theatre workshop series experience for participants at the Old Armoury in Georgetown, Ontario.
Workshop Sessions: September 14 - November 16, 2019 (excluding Sat. Oct. 12, 2019)
Develop and deliver 9 weeks of a high quality musical theatre workshop series incorporating performance based activities for experienced youth and also those new to musical theatre - participants aged 8 to 13. Provide an inspiring and engaging environment for workshop participants while ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all.
- develop an appropriate format and program
- direct, choreograph, create and organize all activities working —towards a final small musical theatre recital
- plan and deliver age appropriate activities
- coordinate necessary required materials
- supervise participants at all times
- communicate with participants on a weekly basis resolving concerns to ensure a positive experience
- understand and adhere to work shop schedule and budget requirements
- maintain a safe and clean environment
- ensure the safety and security of all participants by following all health and safety standards
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Instructing/teaching experience with children and youth
- Background in performing arts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective supervision management
- Team oriented, motivational, creative
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
Remuneration: $450 for full session
Application deadline: July 29, 2019
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews to be conducted in early July. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check prior to September 1st, 2019.